Cardiorheumatologist of the highest qualification category, honored physician of Republic of Tatarstan and the Russian Federation, head of the Diagnostic and Treatment Department of Nizhnekamsk Central District Multifunctional Hospital Raisa Fyodorovna Meryaseva shared the tips on the subject.
Before you decide to dip into the icy water, you need to know all the pros and cons. One thing is for sure: healthy people can dip into the laver.
* Diseases of the heart and blood vessels. Due to a sharp drop in temperature, vasoconstriction occurs, which leads to overload of the heart muscle, there may be heart rhythm disturbances, up to cardiac arrest.
* Inflammatory process of the kidneys, lungs, prostate, and uterus appendages.
* Allergic response to cold.
* Infections, including a new coronavirus infection.
* Uncontrolled hypertension.
* Alcohol intoxication.
If you decide to dip into ice hole, I recommend the following tips:
* You need to warm up the body before dipping (actively move your arms, legs).
• Gradually cool down your body: first, take off your outerwear, then take off your shoes, then take the clothes off to the waist and wet your feet. Then take all clothes off and dip into the ice hole.
* It is allowed to stay in the water for no more than a minute, otherwise, instead of freshness, there will be hypothermia.
• After leaving the water, you need to rub yourself well with a warm towel, get dressed, get in the car or go into a warm room and drink tea.
If you are not sure about your health it is better to take a cool shower or pour water over yourself in the bath, as it is believed that these days all water is holy.